Wednesday 9 May 2012

Ribbon and Buttons for Digital Tuesday

I'm a day late with my Digital Tuesday card because I was having a new bathroom put in yesterday and didn't get any time to blog, so here it is today instead.
The challenge this week at Digital Tuesday is ribbons and buttons, nice and easy huh?.....well you would think so, but I hardly ever use buttons and couldn't find my button bag! I don't have much buttons but what I do have is in a little zip lock bag (I know I am sooo classy!! lol) and I just couldn't find them anywhere!
I eventually came across a yellow button which must of fell out the bag at some point and was at the bottom of a box, but I wanted a pink or green button lol. It had to do, so a Copic came to the rescue and I finally got my card finished!

The papers I used are ones that I got from dt friends when I first moved house and had no stash at all (still don't have much but I can make a card out of what I have now. Thanks so much ladies! You were lifesavers!! xxx :)) so not sure who makes them but I wanted a nice fresh look for a change and these were perfect for that.
The sweet image is from Spesch Stamps who is our sponsor this week. This image is quite a new one by Jessica and is called Butterfly Girl. You can find her here.
I love all the sweet images at Spesch Stamps and use them a lot, but I have to admit that the ones by Jessica (and a few other artists) intimidate my slightly because you have to draw in the middle of the eyes yourself. I am rubbish at eyes, so I used to shy away from these kind of images, even though I loved the image itself, but I gave it a go and I don't think it has came out too bad. Just need lots more practice, which is a great excuse to buy more digis :)
As I said, the button was from my stash, as was the ribbon, the bakers twine is by American Crafts and all the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The little tiny buds started out white, but I just coloured them with a marker the same colour as I used for the image shadow so that they would match.


 Just pretend you can't see the bits where the ink has bled at her hair lol. I ran out of my normal colouring paper, so had to use cheap stuff and the ink just went everywhere! I wanted to go to town on her hair and do a lot of shading, but was scared to add too much layers of ink because it would of bled everywhere, so I couldn't really do much with her.
Never mind, I will order some new paper tomorrow and can colour her up again when it arrives :)

I'm off to go clean a very dirty bath!! lol. It's absolutely filthy but I just couldn't be bothered doing it last night after the workers left because they had been here from 10.15am and didn't leave until after 8pm, so I just wanted a bit of peace without drilling and hammering after they left, so went and made a card instead of cleaning the bath lol.
Tell me, how can I brand new bath be so dirty anyway??!! It looks like a hippos mud bath right now!

Anyway, I will be back tomorrow hopefully with a card for my Dad's birthday. That's if I actually get it made today. How I am going to make a male card without any buttons?! It's my go to embellishment for male cards, only because I have no idea what else to use! lol
If anybody has any ideas what else I could use instead of buttons, please let me know! :) Oh, but not flowers as he's really not a flowery kind of person lol.

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading all the rubbish I write! I do appreciate it so much.

Oh and I am entering this card into the Fab 'n' Funky challenge which is buttons and bows.

6 comments:

Brigitte said...

omg Lora, she is gorgeous!!! I love everything about this card, the sweet image, your colouring, the soft colours! Hugs, Brigitte

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lora I hope that you and the family are doing ok, this is beautiful it looks so clean and fresh, the papers and that image look wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful card Lora, love the sketch you used and the gorgeous papers. Enjoy your new bathroom, wish I had a new one!!

Shirley said...

Even with the cheap paper, your image is adorable! Beautiful card!
Thank you for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky!

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, love the sweet image and pretty colours...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Amy Johnson said...

Such a pretty card! Love the colors and the flowers!