Saturday 16 February 2013

By The Cute & Girly midway card

We are more than half way through February already! Where did it go? This month has just crept up on my and I just realised that it's Liam's (my sons) 15th birthday on Friday! Haven't got him any pressies yet, so better get my bum in gear and go shopping for boy stuff. I hate shopping for Liam because he never tells me what he would like, but suppose someones got to do it lol.

So the mid month post at By The Cute & Girly has just been posted and I have a card to show that I made for this months "Roses Are Red" challenge.
It doesn't have to be Valentine related since Valentines day is now past (hope you all got spoiled!!), you can just use the colour red or some roses, or however else you would like to interpret the theme.
I decided to go with the colour red and roses :)


I used an old CC Designs image that I have had for a few years and coloured her with mostly Promarkers and a couple of Copics, then cut her out with a Marianne Designs die.
The die cut off some of her hair at the top and I really couldn't be bothered colouring up another image, so I just placed the tiny die cut bits back it and stuck them down so all her hair is there now lol.
The papers are some Forever Friends ones that came with a magazine and I just happened to get the magazine on the day I made this card, so as the papers were the right colours, that's what I used :)
I used my Martha Stewart heart punch and some white ric rac for the border and used a couple of the hearts left over from the border on the image.
All the flowers are from Wild Orchid crafts and I gliitered them for a bit of sparkle, and the flourishes and leaf die cuts were also done with Marianne dies.


You can see in this pic that I have "paper pieced" the hair back together lol. It looks really obvious here as I took a real close up pic, but you don't actually really notice it in real life.
To be honest the card will just sit in a box somewhere anyway like most of my cards do, so nobody will actually receive it.
Is it just me who has hundreds of cards in boxes that will never be used, or is anyone else the same?
What do you do with all the cards that you make (except for ones you have made specifically to give to someone). Do you sell them? I can't get any of the shops here to sell my cards :( Although the gift shop owner here does love my cards, but she has said no to selling other peoples cards, so it wouldn't be fair to them if she sold mine........I understand that, but it is annoying that I know she likes my cards but won't sell them incase it hurts someone else's feelings. Oh well, just means more cards to sit gathering dust lol.

Oh before I forget, our sponsor this month is Template Dreams who is offering $5 for the winner to spend on digi products from her selections of digi kits and papers etc.
She has some really pretty ones and they are all very reasonable priced :)

Right, I'm off to finish up another card and then get started on my dt card for next weeks Digital Tuesday challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and the lovely comments you leave.


1 comment:

Brigitte said...

She's adorable Lora!!!! Love all the reds and your beautiful image! Hugs Brigitte